Outdoor Burning

Neither the Town of St. Paul, nor the Collin County Fire Marshall, can give permission to conduct outdoor burning. You should call the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ)  DFW Regional Office  at 817-588-5800 to get approval to burn.  ONLY THE TCEQ CAN DETERMINE IF THE REQUEST MEETS AN OUTDOOR BURNING EXCEPTION PER TEXAS ADMINISTRATIVE CODE, TITLE 30, PART 1, CHAPTER 111.209.

The TCEQ has generally prohibited all outdoor burning with a few exceptions which can be found in the TCEQ website. If your situation fits all the requirements for one of the exceptions found in the TCEQ OUTDOOR BURNING IN TEXAS document, you may conduct outdoor burning as long as you comply with all TCEQ conditions. If you are approved to burn, you must call Wylie Fire Rescue (972-442-8171) and alert them ahead of time.


 Important Links

The TCEQ Outdoor Burning In Texas document (2015) can be found by clicking here:  TCEQ

Specifically Appendix C, pages 16-18

The TCEQ website can be found by clicking here:  TCEQ_Web


The authority to conduct outdoor burning does not exempt or excuse any person from being responsible for any consequences, damages, or injuries resulting from outdoor burning. It also does not exempt or excuse anyone from complying with all other applicable laws, ordinances, or regulations in the Town of St. Paul or Collin County.